This part time (16 hours per week) Development Assistant position will provide administrative support to two Fundraising staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organizational and management systems and databases.
- Assist Development Manager in tracking prospects and conducting preliminary research on donors/prospects.
- Develop a working knowledge of DonorPerfect and other management information and tracking systems used by the Development office.
- Run and prepare standard and ad hoc reports, update and analyze large Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with donor communications and correspondence.
- Process donations.
- Assist with several major direct mail campaigns per year.
- Pick up the mail, order supplies, file, copy and scan materials, prepare invoices for payment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Associate’s degree and/or administrative training degree required. As this level position is often considered a “base” for someone pursuing a Development career, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 1-2 years of administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are necessary with a strong orientation to customer service. Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of fast-paced projects are important. Attention to detail is a must, along with the ability to think critically. Must possess a focused and self-starting attitude, the ability to work equally well independently as well as part of a team with a variety of personalities. The ability to prioritize work and balance long-term projects with day-to-day responsibilities is key. Must be able to confidently represent IHT when interacting and communicating with key leadership both internally and externally and demonstrate a strong understanding of, and commitment to, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive health and financial information. Solid computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Excel, is absolutely necessary.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Breeze Tonnesen, Communications Director at: [email protected]
Director of Development
The position is a professional full time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. The position works in collaboration with the Executive Director (ED) and the board of directors, and is supervised and evaluated by the ED. On-going educational and professional development opportunities will be provided.
Specific Responsibilities, Fund Development:
- Shape, manage and drive the implementation of successful fundraising strategies to support organizational and project development, including:
- Develop and implement cost-effective fund development program involving individuals, businesses and private foundations.
- Develop and implement specific campaigns for tax-credits, estate planning, charitable trusts, endowments, and project capital in collaboration with ED.
- Direct the production of annual fundraising events and year end appeals.
- Work in collaboration with Director of Communications to develop calendars, plans, and marketing material for fundraising events and appeals.
- Identify, cultivate, recruit, and organize fund development leaders and volunteers in collaboration with the IHT Board and the ED.
- Establish recognition, acknowledgements, and incentives and new platforms for involvement (i.e. IHT Leadership Council) for purposes of donor stewardship, increased giving and connections to other potential donors 6-figure donors.
- Utilize and enhance DonorPerfect workflow management system to plan, implement, and evaluate specific fund development programs and campaigns in collaboration with the Development Associate.
- Implement and manage a Wealth Engine (WE) rating system to segment donor pool by WE ratings and known giving.
- Develop a dynamic major gifts portfolio of 100 -150 donors rated at giving levels of $100,000+ via 1-1 meetings and targeted proposals.
- Conduct 75 donor visits on an annualized basis whether by phone call visits or in person.
- Create customized proposals to move major gifts giving forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage timelines and project budgets effectively.
- Capacity to mange multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills. Regular use of Word, Excel and DonorPerfect or similar database.
- Interest in and commitment to affordable housing, sustainable economic development and healthy island community.
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals and balance a variety of needs.
- At least 3-5 years of fund development experience;
- College degree or equivalent;
- Candidates selected for interview will be requested to provide references.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Philippe Jordi at: [email protected]